Yes, our clearinghouse supports AHCCS (Arizona Medicaid). We can support the following: Professional Claims, Institutional Claims, Eligibility, ERA’s, and Secondary Electronic Claims with this payer. We also support the downloading of the 837 files and we are currently confirming what the additional cost is for this.
2. For Coordination of Benefit claims we will need to be able to print the 1500 form. We will be able to print 1500’s from KIPU?
3. We will be able to report off of each 837P created and submitted?
4. Are we able to view the 837P prior to submission?
Yes, Kipu’s Integrated Billing platform allows you to view, edit, and preview the 837P (what it would look like if you printed it) prior to submission via clearinghouse or batch printing.
5. Does KIPU have built-in “scrub” features – clean claim?
6. How many customized reports can we create?
7. The database is SQL, correct?
8. Do they have any smart connect features?
9. Will the 835’s auto import or will we have to download from Emdeon and import into KIPU?
Kipu’s Integrated Billing platform automatically imports 835 files (Electronic Remittance Advice). There is an ERA dashboard within the Payment section that allows you to show any 835’s that have been received. This can be queried for a specific date or an entire date range. You can then post payments for the ERAs that have been received. There is no need to export/import 835 files from the clearing house and then into our billing platform. The payments also post automatically from the ERAs that you receive.
10. Emdeon has several features within its platform; can we have a list of the features that come with the current pricing?
11. If we are able to receive eligibility files from the Health Plans, is KIPU able to handle the import & data validation?
12. We will be able to submit 5,000 claims AND receive 5,000 835’s/ERA a month, correct?
13. Are resubmits counted?
Yes, resubmitting claims would count towards your claims total.
14. Instead of being charged $.25 for every claim we go over; can we go to a volume-based fee scale? For example: 1– 500 over flat $50.00, 501 – 1000 $ flat, etc?
0.25$ is Kipu’s actual cost for additional claims and ERA’s. We have offered to increase your claims total for an additional $1,000 per month. Beyond that, we are unable to offer volume based tiers as we are already offering you additional claims at our actual cost.
15. Are we able to use KIPU to reconcile payments, billing, vs reporting/receivables, revenue?
Yes, Kipu’s Integrated Platform allows for the ability to have reports that can be used to reconcile payments, billing, AR/receivables, and revenue. You can also reconcile claims sent/created to insurance with Kipu’s Transmission Report via Batches.
16. Are we able to create AR reports and billing reports – Adhoc?
Yes, Kipu’s Integrated Billing platform has a report builder which allows you to pick which columns of data you would like in a report. This also allows you to assign calculations to these columns (SUM, MAX, AVG, etc) so that you can have any column of data you have selected calculated. Additionally, you can specify what filters you would like to have available for that report. For example, claim entered date, practice ID, rendering provider, date submitted, date of service, CPT/Procedure code, diagnosis code, by payer, etc. There are many different filters you can pull into a report. The reporting is extremely flexible and our team is always available to work with you to build any reports that are needed. In fact, we have many AR reports already built into the reports section out of the box for our customers as we have built these reports for other customers.
17. How long is the expected implementation process?
Our average implementation typically takes between four and six weeks from start to finish. Please note that our Integrated Billing team will be working together with your team to establish an implementation project plan which would include timelines to reach specific implementation objectives in a timely matter so that we can ensure we meet your suggested “go live” date.
18. Will they come on-site? What does support look like after implementation?
19. Is KIPU web-based or we will be on a server?
20. How is data stored? Is there an additional charge?
21. Our accounting software and EHR are two separate systems. We need to be able to export data from the EHR to enter entries in QB. Are there any limitations on what information can be exported?
22. How will it capture manual checks and paper EOB’s? Are we able to enter the check in KIPU and post against it?
Kipu’s Integrated Billing platform allows for the posting of cash, check, and credit card payments for patient payments. Additionally, if you receive a check/EFT payment from a payer you can also post these payments against charges as you would like. This includes the ability to document the check # and EFT # as part of the payment. Once you have indicated which payer has made the payment, you can then post these payments to the charges they are related to. Further, you can actually have the system bring up a list of charges/claims that have not been paid by the “Sent Date.” This makes it easy to bring up exactly the list of claims you are looking to post payments to rather going through an entire list of claims that are pending payment by that specific payer.